Position Announcement: Program Coordinator
RCI Community Building Center
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
FTE: 0.5 (Part-time: 20 to 25hrs./week)
Compensation: Hourly Rate $17/hr.
Benefits: Eligible to participate in a Health Reimbursement Account
Desired Start Date: On or before July 1, 2019
Supervision: Report to RCI Executive Director
Location: 1335 W. Linden St., Allentown PA 18102
ORGANIZATION: RCI is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization affiliated with Ripple Church. Founded in 2015, RCI’s mission is to nurture community and connection in Allentown by fostering a sense of community among our neighbors who have traditionally been marginalized and by cultivating connections across social boundaries. RCI’s current programs include the Community Building Center and the RCI Village.
JOB SUMMARY: Ripple Community Inc. is seeking to hire a part-time program coordinator for our Community Building Center (CBC). The CBC opened in November 2015 and is the only day center in Allentown that is open to the public. The CBC typically services between 40 and 65 individuals per day. Most of our clients are adults who are socially or economically marginalized due to homelessness or housing instability, histories of trauma, mental illness, or related challenges.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing daily oversight of the CBC, supporting relationships and community building activities, and coordinating other staff, volunteers, and community partners. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Relationships and community building (50%)
· Staff the CBC three to four days per week, including Saturdays.
· Organize weekly activities and events, including community service activities and activities led by outside volunteers.
· Prepare daily activities for clients, including crafts, games, or art projects.
· Coordinate with other staff members to provide appropriate supports for participants.
· Lead restorative circles and engage in restorative practices as needed (training in restorative practices will be provided).
· Develop partnerships with local organizations and businesses that can provide opportunities for CBC participants to engage with the community and develop new relationships.
· Represent RCI at community meetings, including daytime and evening meetings.
Volunteer coordination and management (25%)
· Recruit new volunteers from the community to serve at the CBC.
· Develop and implement a volunteer orientation and training program, which includes quarterly check-in meetings.
· Manage and support CBC volunteers, including management of RCI’s online volunteer management system.
· Recruit, train, and mange “helpers,” who are volunteers from within the CBC community.
Administration and oversight (25%)
· Manage weekly schedule of staff and volunteers, ensuring adequate coverage during operating hours.
· Coordinate with service partners that see clients at the CBC.
· Maintain supplies, including coffee and snacks.
· Manage and organize donations.
· Lead program evaluation activities.
· Manage participant data, including daily sign in sheets, daily staff reports, and volunteer sign-ins.
The program coordinator will report to RCI’s Executive Director. This is a grant funded position, currently funded through September of 2019. Our intention is to increase the number of hours allocated for this position beginning in October 2019, though this is dependent upon grant funding. This is an at-will position, and the program coordinator will undergo a 90-day review.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required qualifications for this position include:
· A bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, public health, or a related field, or equivalent.
· 2-5 years of program coordination or management experience, or equivalent.
· 1-3 years of human services experience, broadly defined.
· 1-3 years of volunteer management experience, or equivalent.
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage challenging situations and crises.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships in community contexts.
· Training or experience working with marginalized urban populations.
· Ability to represent the organization in the community, including through public speaking engagements.
· Fluency in English.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of community resources in the Lehigh Valley is preferred, but not necessary. Other desired qualifications include experience with grants and fundraising, experience in a comparable direct service environment, and/or experience with program development. Fluency in Spanish would be helpful, though it is not required.
RATE: This is a part-time (up to 25 hours/week) position with an hourly rate of $17/hour. In addition, RCI employees who work an average of 15 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in a Healthcare Reimbursement Account plan, through which RCI reimburses health-related expenses of up to $315/month.
TO APPLY: Submit the following application materials to Sherri Brokopp Binder via email at email@example.com: (1) cover letter, (2) resume or CV, (3) names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Ripple Community Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining diversity and inclusion in the workforce. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.